Last updated: 10 June 2020
‘Personal information’ is data that we receive which identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you. This may, for example, include your name, contact information, image and/or digital identifiers relating to you (we explain more about what these are below under the heading ‘Cookies and other technologies’).
This policy explains how we collect, handle, use and disclose personal information.
We respect your privacy and take steps to safeguard your personal information. We are committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws and to being open and transparent about our information handling practices.
Who we are and how you can contact us
This policy applies in respect of both:
- Yovanka Loria Salon Pty Ltd ACN 641 327 264; and
- Yovanka Loria Extensions Pty Ltd ACN 641 327 273.
These entities are related body corporates which both collect, handle, use and disclose personal information.
When used in this policy, ‘we’ or ‘us’ means both Yovanka Loria Salon Pty Limited ACN 641 327 264 and Yovanka Loria Extensions Pty Ltd ACN 641 327 273.
To contact us please either use the ‘contact us’ section of the Website or call us on 0422 162 415 (our lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:30 pm ACST, excluding public holidays).
The information we collect and why
We collect information in person at our salon, via our Website, through telephone contact and through social media.
The information we collect includes your name, address, contact details and birth date. We may also collect footage or images of you and information about your hair style, characteristics and preferences.
Where a gift voucher is purchased, in addition to the name and contact details of the purchaser, we may also collect the name and contact details of the recipient of the gift voucher in order to send the gift voucher to the recipient.
In respect of payments, we may collect your debit or credit card details and transfer these details securely to a payment services provider, but we do not retain this transactional data. The only transactional information we collect is confirmation of payment or balance owing.
Other types of personal information we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- details of entrants in competitions run by us or our Business Partners
- application information related to applicants for employment with us
- name and contact details of subscribers to our mailing lists
- information contained within post service surveys completed by our clients
We may also collect your personal information for other purposes which may be explained at the time of collection. In some cases, if you do not provide us with personal information we may not be able to provide the products or services you have requested.
Cookies and other technologies
We may collect information relating to your web activity when you access and browse our Website. In particular, we may collect information using cookies, and similar technologies, designed to provide information to help us improve the use of our Website and to better tailor the content we provide.
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your device when you access a website. This information may include your IP address, information and actions taken on the site including details about when you accessed the site. The text file is then sent back to our server each time your browser requests a page from the server. Information generated by the cookie about the use of our Website may be transferred to, and stored by, a web analytics service, which may be based overseas, that we use to help use improve our online services. This enables us to provide a better website visitor experience by loading the site so that it reflects your personal preferences as previously indicated last time you browsed. Some cookies also help with ensuring the functionality of the website.
Additionally, emails we send to you may use technology that allows us to understand the time and date that an email was opened and whether any links within the email were clicked. Compiling this information allows us to conduct statistical analysis to better understand how effective our electronic marketing campaigns are and customise our advertising services based on the results. You can disable some of this technology by turning images ‘off’ in your email client (i.e. Outlook) and you can opt-out of receiving emails from us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The types of cookies we may use are set out below. You can configure your web browser to reject and delete cookies but this may limit the functionality of the Website so that it does not operate properly.
Analytical and Performance cookies
We may use functional cookies that record the choices you have made on our Websites so that we can continue to provide you with information you are interested in during that visit and any subsequent visits. This allows us to provide content that is tailored and relevant, and to improve the Website experience for our Website users.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including (but not limited to):
- directly from individuals such as when you make an appointment or attend at our salon
- through our social media pages and from social media sites when you like our posts or page
- from third parties who may order products or services from us on your behalf
- from third parties that provide us with marketing; market research; and marketing and web analytics services
- where you send us an email or ‘contact us’ message or make a written enquiry with us
- when you call us to make enquiries
Storage and security of personal information
We take the security of the personal information we hold seriously and handle personal information sensitively and in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include using electronic and physical security measures, including:
- storing personal information on networks consistent with industry standards; and
- restricting access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know the information to process it for us
How long do we keep your personal information
If we no longer need the personal information we hold about you, we take steps to delete, destroy or de-identify that information. We retain personal information in order to provide you with, or inform you about, our products and services. It may also be necessary for us to retain personal information to comply with our legal obligations; or for insurance or audit purposes.
How we use your personal information and for what purposes
To provide you with our products and services
We use personal information in order to provide products and services to you. As part of providing products and services to you we may use your personal information to:
- make a reservation for you at our salon
- order products for you from our suppliers
- respond to your enquiries
- subscribe you to our email list
- send you marketing material
- enter you into one of our competitions
- confirm your payment for products or services
- provide you with a gift voucher or process your request for a gift voucher for someone else
We also use personal information to market and promote our products and services, including to:
- contact you about special offers or promotions we think may be of interest to you (where we have a legal basis to process your information in this way); and
- conduct marketing and web tracking analysis.
Sharing and on social media
If you click on a link to a social media site or post from our Website, or click on a link to our Website from our social media pages, we may share your personal information (including user name, profile picture, likes and posts) with the social media service provider, other users and your friends or followers. If you do not want your personal information shared in this way, you can choose not to connect via your social media profile with our Website, or configure your web browser to block cookies (which may affect the functionality of some features on the Website).
To meet our legal obligations
We may also use personal information for the purpose of:
- complying with any applicable laws (for example any obligations we may have under legislation)
- to fulfil our obligations under contracts with you or third parties
- where necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others, including for fraud or risk management purposes
- to comply with requests from government authorities
We may use your personal information for other reasons which we will explain when we collect it, or for reasons that you have consented to us using the information. We will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information in a number of ways, including to
- contractors, suppliers or agents we have engaged to provide products or services to us (for example marketing agencies, distributors or marketing analytics service providers)
- our Business Partners where we have collected your information in relation to a jointly offered promotion, product or service
- payment service providers when you make a payment in person at our salon or via our Website
We may also disclose personal information in order to comply with legal obligations or where necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others, including for fraud or risk management purposes.
Related Body Corporates
We may also disclose personal information to our related body corporates to provide products or services to you.
We may partner with third parties to conduct joint promotions or competitions or offer joint products and services. If you provide us with personal information in relation to the promotion, competition, product or service we are jointly providing with a Business Partner we may share your information with that Business Partner. We will inform you that we do this at the time we collect your personal information and you will be given a choice about whether or not this occurs.
The third parties we disclose information to may be based in Australia or overseas.
Links to external websites or services
How to unsubscribe ‘opt-out’ or withdraw consent
You may unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by:
- clicking on an ‘unsubscribe’ link in any electronic messages you receive from us
Sometimes, in order to handle your personal information, we may seek your consent, including to collect your data. You can request to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us via our Contact Details.
How you can access the personal information we hold about you
How to update, correct or delete your personal information
How to make a privacy complaint
If you have any concerns about our information handling practices you can contact us using the details in the ‘Contact Details’ section of this Privacy so that we can try and resolve the issue quickly and directly.
If we are unable to resolve your privacy complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW, 2001, www.oaic.gov.au (telephone 1300 363 992)
You can contact us by
- sending an email to email@example.com
- calling us on 0422 162 415 between 9:30am and 5:30pm ACST Monday-Friday (excluding public holidays)
- writing to us at: 349 Tapleys Hill Road, Seaton SA 5023
“Business Partners” means a third party that we collaborate with to offer joint promotions, products or services.
“related body corporate” has the meaning given to that term in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)
“Website” means the website: yovankaloria.com.au